hello friends, let's see if I can get through all the things I keep meaning to post about. Just realized I haven't posted since my birthday! I feel like a whole lot of things have happened at the same time that nothing much has happened haha. Ah life, you rascal.
this is largely a fannish post.
1. After watching all of Friday Night Lights, I rewatched it all the way through again because I wasn't quite ready to let it go. I read all the fiction that was decent (and although I started off giving it side-eye, my favorite pairing turned out to be Tim/Julie say what) and was sad that there wasn't much. Then I finished watching the final season of Bloodlines and it's just so WEIRD because Coach Taylor is now a murderer! Okay, not really, and I will follow Kyle Chandler wherever he chooses to take me. But, watching John Rayburn after watching Coach Taylor is a trip. (season 1 of Bloodlines is masterful and frankly the series should have stopped there, the other 2 seasons are messy. But even so I have huge fondness for the cast -- so I enjoyed the series despite this).
2. Because I am here for all things MCU, I did sit through Iron Fist even though everyone said not to haha. Yeah. Okay, so, it was really .... tedious is the word I think. And it's hardly worth discussing anymore. Danny reminded me of this guy I knew once who I had to travel around europe with and who I wanted to push off a train. Also, I spend a good amount of time trying to make jokes about the hand fighting the fist. HAHA. Easily amused, I am. I did like some parts! Okay, no, actually, the only part I liked was Claire. Everything else was gross. I started off with fondness for the other characters that would have normally carried me through any dislike for the show but one by one I stopped liking them except for Claire. I am going to watch the Defenders, though, and just hope that Danny annoys me less.
3. Wonder Woman was amazing and fun and as awesome as I could have hoped and I've really enjoyed all the excitement and discussion around it. The little girls dressed up as Diana, the fan art, seeing Gal Gadot everywhere because I have loved her for years and she is lovely. It's great to have a decent DC film. I enjoyed the heck out of it in the theatre, but only saw it once. I'm sure I'll see it again whenever it's available. I have to admit though that I felt a bit removed from it. I couldn't let go of how similar it was to CA:TFA. Casting Chris Pine didn't help, imo (although don't get me wrong, I adore him! If someone forced me to rank the Chrises, he'd be at the top). It's not that one or the other film is better or DC vs MCU or anything dumb like that, it's just that I felt like I was watching a remix. Still enjoyed it though!
4. AND I also saw Spider-Man: Homecoming. Which I loved <3 <3. ( cutting just in case )
5. Also, talk about late to the party but I am just now getting around to watching Band of Brothers. Yes, I know. That is so 2001. What can I say? I finally caved and got a subcription to Amazon Prime and there's tons of stuff on it. I watched all of the Sopranos, too, and that was also something I hadn't ever watched despite the hoopla. Anyway, I just finished watching season 2 of Billions, so watching a young Damian Lewis as Winters is kind of a continuing treat. Winters is nothing like Bobby Axelrod, which is probably a good thing.
6. Billions is outstanding, fyi. Highly highly recommend but it's not a fannish show.
7. I started watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, and fully agree with the critics about the treatment of suicide in this thing. Yikes.
8. ETA - Forgot to mention that I INHALED all of the new Anne of Green Gables, Anne with an E on Netlfix. I watched it in 2 days which I never do. Normally I stretch out a tv show for weeks. Anyway, to say I loved it is an understatement. It is not the Anne of Green Gables of my youth. And I don't care. It was awesome. Amazing. I want all the more seasons it deserves to be. ALL OF THEM.
In other news, my mental vacation from writing is at an end I'm diving back into rewriting the second book. OY. REWRITING SUCKS YO. haha I just realized that oy and yo are the same two letters flipped. It's the little things.
I would also like to tackle some fan fiction I got brewing, and although the last 2 months would have been ideal to knock some of those out, apparently my brain had other plans. Like sloth. haha. Whatever, I will manage somehow.
I am going to Spain! For two whole weeks! In September. And considering I am allergic to olives and olive oil I might die! I have no idea what I'm going to eat while I'm there. Pray for me.
Mother continues to have misadventures in this new life after moving back to Los Angeles. That's a post for another day.